Just receieved an email from Microsoft with some tips for Office 2010 on, worth looking at these
Share and share alike. The Microsoft Office Backstage™ view offers a quick way to store and share your documents online.
- Click on the File tab in the upper left hand corner to open Backstage view.
- Select Save & Send.
- Click Save to SharePoint. Once your document is saved, colleagues you have shared the file with will be able to access the file in your SharePoint library.
- Or click Save to Web and coworkers you have granted permission to will be able to access the file from virtually any computer with an Internet connection.*
Never wait in line again. With useful co-authoring tools, you and your colleagues can make edits at the same time in a Word 2010 document or PowerPoint 2010 presentation.
- Post your Word or PowerPoint file to a SharePoint 2010 site. Co-authoring is automatically enabled when multiple individuals open the document at the same time.
- To help you track who is editing the document, Word 2010 shows the name of your colleague by the text they have changed. You can also find the list of current editors on the bottom Status bar or on the Info tab in Backstage view.
- You will see the changes that others have made after you save the file when using co-authoring in Word 2010 and PowerPoint 2010.
Find your way around long Word 2010 documents. With the new Document Navigation pane and Search, you can quickly move through a long document and reorganize sections of content.
- In Word 2010, click on the View tab.
- In the Show group, check Navigation Pane.
- The Navigation Pane provides you a visual outline of your document so you can browse, sort, and find what you need quickly.
- With Search you can view a summary of results in a single pane, and click to access any individual result.